Friday 6 September 2013

Puff pastry Pizza

This is Joshs, he's far better at cheese spreading than me!
We used to make this aallll the time at our old house, since we moved we've just stopped for some reason, possibly because we mainly have the kitchen to ourselves now so I can spend longer 'slaving'. over the hob ;) anyway I was reminded of it by one of @kitsunesuki's recent instagrams and it tasted even better than i remembered.
 This is such a good no brainer meal. Just a pasta sauce/pizza sauce/tomato puree base, whatever veggies you've got in the fridge or freezer and optional cheese. We used the ready rolled puff pastry from Aldi but have also used jus-roll etc before. Equally good.
Today ours included broccoli, onion, mushrooms, frozen peppers and frozen sweetcorn and we topped it with Vegusto melty cheese. Vegusto is the best vegan cheese I've ever tried, unfortunately it's mightily expensive

(like all the good cheeses I guess) at £7.50 for 400g so I don't buy it too much. - And I try to stop the other half buying it all the time too!

(I made it really big to make up for forgetting so far this month!)
P.S. I just snuck to the kitchen for a couple of spoons of late night peanut butter hehehe.

2 comments:

  1. You gotta love puff pastry, always ready to give you an instant meal! I do something similar without cheese - please forgive the photo! http://selfsufficientcafe.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/med-veg-medley-puff.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza's look so great. I love that Vegusto too.

    ReplyDelete