Every one of ChefChloe's recipes that I've tried I've absolutely loved. Remember those mexicali sliders?!!! Mental note to buy her book next time payday comes around.
So today was a certain little guy's 3rd birthday party and after trying out these cheesy style biscuits a while a go I thought they'd make a great addition to the nibbles - especially in teddy bear shapes!
1 cup flour
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
A good sprinkling of turmeric
1 tsp salt
Pepper (to taste)
5 tbsp Marge (I use Aldi's Solesta Sunflower Spread)
1+tbsp cold water
1. Mix dry ingredients with a fork.
2. Work in the marge - best in a food processor but I don't have that luxury so I got at it with the fork again!
3. Add 1 tbsp water and combine, add more water until a good dough is formed, shouldn't need more than 3 tbsp.
4. Grease 2 baking trays with a little vegetable oil and preheat oven to 180C.
5. Roll out half the dough on a floured surface to about half a centimetre (I have tiled kitchen surfaces now, nightmare!)
6. Use either a biscuit cutter or a knife to cut your shapes, between 2-5cm long work well.
7. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes and check, might need a few more minutes but once the biscuits start to develop a more golden colour, they're ready!
I hadn't realised how simple this is before writing it down, a great alternative to crisps and I'm sure there are quite a few flavour combinations possible too. Different flours, a little paprika in the mix perhaps?
ALSO, I read that Turmeric + Pepper = cancer prevention! Sooo, it's ok that I ate 2/3 of a batch in one sitting last week?...