Sunday 26 May 2013

My first home-made guacamole

I was hoping to include a recipe for shepherds pie today but the one I made for dinner wasn't great - everyone has off days right?! - so I'll work on it and post when it comes out like the last time I made it!

Tastes as good as it looks!
Here's a heads up about someone else's great recipe instead. I'd never made guacamole before so thought 'The world's best guacamole recipe' would be a good place to start. As I've mentioned before, I can't handle too much hothothot in my food so I reduced the jalepenos to about half a tablespoon (wimp much?) and it was sooo good! Ripe avocados are obviously a big problem for us poor British folk but I've found the ALDI ones are pretty much always ready to eat from my local branch.

I served it with 'vegetarian's choice' burgers from Holland & Barrett with sweet potato chips, asparagus and salad, random but delicious!
This week I also made jam for the first time ever! I used this recipe for rhubarb and ginger jam, taking advantage of the home grown rhubarb my parents brought from home for me and investing in a jar of stem ginger which I'm sure I can find some other yummy uses for.

Have a lovely week. x

1 comment:

  1. looks delicious! Love ginger, always useful in stir frys and also you can use it to make a ginger and chocolate loaf :)

    ReplyDelete