My solution? Cheat!
Charlotte's cheeky cheats for a champion constitution.
- Dried fruit - just one tablespoon is a full portion according to the NHS.
- Fruit Juice - who doesn't love a glass over cereal?!
- Frozen sweetcorn - In the pan whilst pasta is cooking, too easy.
- Banana & custard - Pudding lovers (Alpro ready made cartons- wonderfully comforting on cold days!)
- Tinned fruit - Sugar on grapefruit or maybe cinnamon on pears.
- Satsumas/Clementines - Can anyone tell the difference?! Their natural outfit means they can go travelling!
The NHS site I linked suggests the fruit and veg in pre-prepared food counts too but we don't need to count that now we have soooo many options!
Despite trying to avoid traditions, I'm hoping that I can stick to a resolution this year to think more about what I eat, what nutrients it contains and what I miss out on when I'm lazy and eat naughty food... we'll see.